Author Archive | clairehoness
Read this week’s pew sheet for prayers and readings for the week, as well as information about what’s happening around the Benefice.PewSheet 10th after Trinity
Benefice Magazine: Summer 2021
We hope you enjoy reading the latest issue of the Benefice Magazine. Its editor, Pat Sagar, is always looking for new ideas for articles and contributions for future issues. Contact her on email@example.com.Summer 2021 magazine - screen version
The beautiful Coach House at Ghyll Church is open for teas, coffees and cake on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, 10.30-3.30. All very welcome. Come and visit this beautiful twelfth-century church situated on the Pendle Way, and stop for a cup of tea or coffee and a slice of cake.
Holy Trinity Church will be open every day, Monday-Friday, between 10.00 and 12.00. You are always welcome to drop in for a chat or to light a candle.
On Wednesdays in August, we will be running a pop-up café and shop, with refreshments, good quality summer clothing, bric-a-brac, and a food bank (bring what you can; take what you need). Open 10.00-1.00.
On Thursdays at 10.00 you are very welcome to join us for a service of Holy Communion.
You are very welcome to join us at any of our services.
If you’re new to faith, you might find the following descriptions useful:
- Holy Communion: A service where we remember Jesus’ last meal with his friends. There are Bible readings, a sermon, and prayers and there may be some music (but currently no communal singing indoors due to coronavirus restrictions).
- All-Age Holy Communion is similar to the above but is designed to be accessible to people of all ages and may be more interactive.
- Informal Holy Communion on a Thursday is similar to the Sunday service, but more intimate and relaxed.
- Morning Prayer: A service of Bible readings, a sermon and prayers, using traditional language.
- Service of the Word: Similar to Morning Prayer but using contemporary language.
You are also very welcome to join us for Morning Prayer at 9 am Monday-Friday, or for Evening Prayer at 5 pm, both in the St James Chapel at Holy Trinity. These are short services of Bible readings and prayers for the day.